Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Relay For Life

This past weekend was Relay For Life. I love this cause!! I have been involved for 6 Relays now. This is my 3rd in charge of ceremonies. This year I felt like it was the hardest to deal with. I did have a few hurdles to get through. One being sickness and not feeling well at all and the other being opposition from people I didn't know. I felt very unprepared going into it on Friday night. I am so thankful for the people agreed to help my during the ceremony in speaking and as well as lighting candles. We had to do a little modifying of the script but it turned out really good. I am always hard on my self so I thought turned out bad. But everyone else thought it was good. After luminaria ceremony I was beat so I went back to the campsite and the owners of Subway had donated dinner to our team mates who were spending the night. So at midnight I was eating dinner. I slept a couple hours and then was back up and enjoying my day. It is such a huge party really. Maddy, Jasmin, and Elise did not sleep at all and danced all night I think.
On Saturday was the Fight back ceremony and it was such a great ceremony. Fierce Martial Arts Academy preformed and it was awesome and they have already been invited back to do next years ceremony. The rest of the day was just time for me to spend with my team. It was a great Relay.
I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for the strength to get through the weekend. I have been so sick and there was no way I could make it on my own and it was only through Him that I was able to do what I did for our community this past weekend. I love my community because they can come together and raise $62,000 to help Cancer patients and to help find a cure that one day Cancer will be a thing of the past. I love to see the community come together as a family to fight this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment